- Gilbert High School is located at 1101 E. Elliot Road Gilbert, AZ 85234.
- The schedule has Desert Vista competing at 10:03am.
- Awards are somewhere between 11:30am – 1:00pm.
- Ticket prices: $12 for Adults, $10 for Seniors and Military, $5 for students with ID. Re-entry is allowed. It doesn’t specify, but it’s usually cash only so please be prepared just in case they do not accept debit/credit cards.
- Flowers will be sold at the venue. Flowers purchased elsewhere will not be allowed in the venue.
- Noisemakers including sirens, horns, bells, buzzers, or any other kind of artificial noise are prohibited.
- Megaphones are prohibited by spectators, but allowed for teams to use during their routine.
- Balloons and confetti are prohibited.
- In case you were thinking of bringing a laser light, don’t – you will be prosecuted. LOL!
- You can videotape, but only from your seat. You will not be allowed on the floor. No tripods are allowed and you will not be able use an electrical outlets to charge any devices.
- You must comply with A.I.A. Bylaw; Article 16.3.4 – basically says you must demonstrate appropriate spectator behavior…..think we’re all good on that!!
- Cheerleaders will not be allowed in the gym to watch other teams compete. They will be in the Team Holding Area watching on TV. If you want to see your daughter/son, you will have to meet her/him in the lobby area.
- Concessions will be available throughout the day.
- Merchandise will be for sale in the lobby.
Come see the Varsity Squad showcase their competition routine this Friday, 11/18/16 at 6pm!!
When : Friday, 11/18/16; 6pm
Where : Small Gym
Please come out and support our girls as they wrap up preparations to head to competition this Weekend – See you There!!!
Our mission is to rescue children and young adults from human sex trafficking and modern day slavery, as well as other dangerous and abusive environments in association with local law enforcement and governing authorities. Our purpose: is to be advocates for children whose voices are silenced by fear and suffer alone, through intervention with services that protect, educate and restores hope for a brighter future through unconditional love.
How we do this:
Starbright has established a “safe house” which provides maximum safety for endangered children with plans for more to come, as environments for healing. We provide hope through crisis counseling, trauma therapy and education of those in the house and the public outside. We offer new beginnings through specialized care for victims of cultic, clergy, incest, mental, physical and sexual abuses; as well as comfort for their families. The standard of care will be personalized to the needs of each individual. We will promote awareness in the community on the escalating crimes of child abuse, sex trafficking, pornography and exploitation, which cause human suffering within our communities, our nation, and the world. We will be encouraging monetary, volunteer, and community assistance support through their time, talents, and treasures which are all graciously accepted. We strive to be the beacon of light for those children that are in need of love that doesn’t hurt and trust that won’t be broken.
DV Cheer is proud to be helping with Starbright Foundation’s Hike for Hope. Starbright relies heavily on donations so please help us spread the word about the hike. It is our hope this event will be very successful for them.
Join us Wednesday, September 21st, 4-8 pm
Your purchase will benefit DV Cheer!!!
See you there!!
Football Cheer Clinic
Learn cheers, chants, jumps, and dance from the Desert Vista High School Cheerleaders! All participants will be invited to perform during half-time of a Desert Vista High School Varsity Football game.
Who: All students in grades Pre-K through 8.
When: Saturday, September 10, 2016 from 1:00 to 4:00pm
(Doors open for registration at 12:00pm)
Performance will be Friday, September 16, 2016 during half-time of the Varsity Football Game.
Where: Kyrene Altadena Middle School
14620 S. Desert Foothills Parkway, Phx 85048
Cost: $35 Pre-registration, $40 Walk-in, $5 Sibling discount.
Fee includes instructions, cheer clinic t-shirt, poms, refreshments,
and admission for one adult to attend the Varsity Football Game.
Payment will be collected on the day of the clinic by cash, check, or credit/debit. Make checks payable to “Desert Vista High School Cheer.”
Please bring completed registration form and liability consent form to check-in the day of the event.
With the start of the school year quickly approaching, we have a lot of events coming up. Please mark your calendars for the following dates:
Thursday, July 28th – POOL PARTY
Our pool party for the girls will be held from 5:00 – 8:00 at Meghan Lang’s house.
Wednesday, August 3rd – Last Day for Impact Testing
Please make sure your daughter has completed her Impact testing.
Thursday, August 4th – UPDATED PHYSICALS
The last day to hand in your updated physical forms is Thursday, August 4th. Please make sure you have your forms completed and turned into the Athletics office so you are cleared to participate in Cheer.
Thursday, August 4th – Parent Information Meeting for Freshman/Transfer Student Tryouts
If you know of anyone interested in trying out for Freshman Cheer or someone who transferred to DV and wants to tryout for JV, please tell them there is an informational meeting in the cafeteria from 6:00PM – 7:00PM for parents and athletes.
Saturday, August 6th – PICTURE DAY FOR VARSITY and JV
All cheerleaders are to be “picture ready” in their uniform and on the football field at 6:15AM! The picture order form will be sent in a separate email.
Monday, August 8th – Thursday, August 11th – Tryouts for Freshman and Transfer Students
Friday, August 12th – BEACH BASH (Sponsored by Football, Cheer, and Band)
This event will be held at the DVHS football stadium from 6:30PM – 8:30PM and entrance is free!! All 3 Cheer squads will be required to attend. We will also need parent volunteers to help with this event. Please use the following link to sign up for a shift.
Wednesday, August 17th – CHEER BOOSTER MEETING
The Booster meeting will be held in Room H103 beginning at 6:00PM. One parent from each family is strongly encourage to attend. We will be going over a lot of information and discussing upcoming events.
August 29th – September 15th – Gold Canyon Candle Fundraiser
Our Gold Canyon Candle Rep will be at practice on August 29th to discuss the fundraiser and hand out the order form packets.
Saturday, September 10th – CHEER CLINIC
This is our biggest fundraiser! We will need a lot of parent volunteers to help run the event so please mark your calendars for the entire day. More information will be coming on this soon.
$50 Activity Fee
In past years, the $50 activity fee has always been paid in the bookstore when you pick up your books. However, this year, they are doing it differently. It looks like we will be paying the fee online. We are waiting for clarification on this and will update you shortly so please stay tuned.